Diapers 2 Diplomas provides quality infant care. We offer careful planning, dedicated staff, and a safe, nurturing environment. Here are some key considerations we proudly offer in our infant room:
1) Qualified and Trained Staff: We employ caregivers who are specifically trained in infant care. They know about infant development, CPR and first aid certification, and appropriate background checks.
2) Low Staff-to-Child Ratio: We maintain a low staff-to-child ratio in our infant room to provide individualized attention. We understand it’s essential to ensure the safety and well-being of the infants.
3) Safe and Stimulating Environment: We create a safe, clean, and age-appropriate environment for infants. We childproof our room, use soft furnishings, and provide stimulating toys and materials that encourage sensory exploration.
4) Establish Consistent Routines: Our babies thrive on routine. We implement consistent feeding, diapering, and nap schedules to provide predictability and comfort.
5) Responsive Care: We encourage responsive caregiving, which involves promptly meeting the needs of each infant. We respond to cries, provide comfort, and engage in gentle interactions to foster attachment and trust.
6) Nutrition: We follow parents’ instructions regarding feeding schedules and preferences. We ensure proper storage and handling of breast milk or formula, and introduce age-appropriate solid foods as recommended by healthcare providers.
7) Safe Sleep Practices: We follow safe sleep guidelines by placing infants on their backs to sleep, providing a firm mattress with a fitted sheet, and removing soft bedding, pillows, and toys from the crib.
8) Communication with Parents: We maintain open and regular communication with parents. We share daily reports, including feeding, diapering, and sleep patterns, and encourage parents to communicate any changes in their baby’s routine or needs.
9) Developmental Activities: We plan age-appropriate activities that promote infant development. These may include tummy time, sensory experiences, and simple songs and stories.
10) Hygiene and Sanitation: We maintain high standards of hygiene and sanitation. We regularly disinfect toys and surfaces, wash hands frequently, and ensure diapering areas are clean and well-equipped.
11) Emergency Preparedness: We develop and practice emergency protocols, including fire drills and evacuation plans, to ensure the safety of infants and staff.
12) Continued Professional Development: We provide ongoing training and professional development opportunities for infant caregivers to stay updated on best practices in infant care.
13) Parent Involvement: We encourage parents to be involved in their child’s care by inviting them to visit & participate in activities.
14) Individualized Care Plans: We work with parents to create individualized care plans for each infant, taking into account their unique needs, preferences, and developmental milestones.
15) Documentation: We maintain accurate records of each infant’s care, including feeding, diaper changes, sleep patterns, and developmental milestones.
Infant care in our center prioritizes the safety, well-being, and healthy development of each child. We create a nurturing and stimulating environment and promote open communication with parents, & can provide a positive experience for infants and their families.
- Story time
- Music and movement activities
- Art time
- Using blocks and building materials
- Playing with baby dolls and soft toys
- Climbing and crawling
- Experiencing sensory activities
- Playing outside
- Using sign language